Painting As A Form Of Therapy

     A part of me felt the need to procrastinate the painting process. I was exhausted from the responsibilities the week had bestowed upon me and all I wanted to do was lay down on something comfortable and turn my brain off. I knew at some point I had to get started. So while procrastinating some other class's homework, I prepped the paint, grabbed a cup of water and a brush, and started painting. 

Pablo Picasso: The Tragedy
    I forgot how much I loved the hobbie. It's been a couple months since I had really sat down to paint for leisure, so it took me by surprise how theraputic it is. I played a youtube video for background music and immersed myself in the artform. I stuck with mainly cool tones for the paintings since a lot of them are supposed to reflect the state of mind of the old artist, but I did make a few warmer colored paintings that can be both used for the old artists earlier paintings that may be up on his wall, and some of the new artists paintings. The cool blues I feel help to associate the old artist with a negative state of mind. I took inspirations from Picasso's blue period and Van Gogh's Starry Night. Picasso mostly used blue's during a period of immense depression which I feel helps to had subtext to the state of mind of the old artist. Van Gogh's Starry Night also uses a large amount of blue tones, and the style of showing prominent strokes I feel helps to demonstrate how meticulous these artist may be.

Vincent Van Gogh: Starry Night

Sam Perez: Silly Little Paintings














    

    We still have a long way to go with the amount of paintings we need to make, but at least we already have a starting point. I'm excited to paint some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Here it is in all it's glory