Silly Little Issues

     So Tai and I came to a unfortunate stand-still on the project. The plan initially was to film during all of spring break after we come back from the STN trip. The funny thing is that Tai is now going to tour colleges over all of spring break so they can no longer film during those days. There is no set date yet of when she leaves and comes back so organizing filming days has become a bit of a struggle. I honestly felt quite unsure about how we were going to finish this project, now having been presented with this information, so I consulted my partner, and frequent collaborator who did it last year and he suggested two options:

Tacos Mode
    He at first said (and this is gonna sound real weird) "turn on tacos mode." Now you may be thinking, what is tacos mode? For context, during winter break, my partner and I filmed an entire short film (named "This, That, and Tacos") over the course of 5 days. How did we do this? Early start times and late end times. Our filming schedule was the equivalent to a 9-5 job, It wasn't "meet up for 2 hours and see what we can get done." While efficient, this method took a lot of energy out of us, and if this is the trajectory the film opening is going to go in, I need to mentally and physically prepare. Also, without set dates for tai's unavailability, it could potentially mean I'd have to lead at least half of the filming all on my own, which while it isn't my first time leading a project on my own, I wouldn't call myself a proffessional.

Skills USA Mode
    Option #2 and the more demanding option would be to "turn on Skills USA mode." Again for context, my partner and I also worked together on a competition called Digital Cinema, as part of the general Skills USA competition, which is basically yet another TV competition I'm participating in. The gist of Digital Cinema, is that we have 48 hours to create a short film that can be up to 5 minutes, that follows the prompt given to us at the start of those 48 hours. This was no longer a 9-5. This meant working non-stop as quickly as possible, and for as long as possible, avoiding any unnessary(this means all) breaks. The only real downtime we got was a grace period of about 6 hours for sleep, just sleep. If the first option sounded bad, this option is inhumane. . . 

   

 . . . but not impossible. I mean, if I've done this before, theoretically, I can do it again. And it would cut back the amount of time taken up in production, so we aren't as strained in the last two weeks of the project. The main downside is, I might lose my sanity in the process (ok that's a bit dramatic but the point still stands!). I think if I go about this in such a way that I can still leave room to breath during filming for both myself and the actor I'd be working with, than I think I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Here it is in all it's glory