Spring Break? More Like Spring Work!

     It's the day right before I go home from a long, arduous and emotionally draining trip. It's just hit me that I still have work to do! Heres the To Do List: Finish paintings, rearrange/mise-en-scene-ing my room for the part of the opening I like to call Cam's Demise. Set up a void scene. Check out equipment, figure out a spotlight, figure out blood, and figure out hands. 

    Finishing the paintings shouldn’t be terrible. I have my mother who has graciously offered to help and we plan to have a painting day on Tuesday the day after get back! I estimated to need about 30 paintings to fill up the walls of my room. Not a terrible amount since i already have 7 made including the main one from tai’s shoot. Also one wall will house only one painting and the back wall is the main one that needs to be covered. I’m glad I chose a abstract style though cause making 20+ paintings that i’d have to worry about details for would’ve been it’s own kind of hell. 

    Rearranging my room and turning it into an art studio is probably gonna be the hardest part. I plan to take out some of the cabinets and the keyboard I have so that there’s a bit more space. I’ll also likely have to change my bedsheets to something a bit less. . . pink. I also have to find a way to put up all the paintings without damaging my wall. My art supplies can be used as props to set out on the floor and tabletops. In order to not damage the hardwood floors I’ll probably find a tarp that I can set on the floor. This I feel will fit in as though the artist has something to protect the floor from paint spillage. 

    Setting up a void won’t be too hard. I’d like to thank my father for doing photography as a side hustle and having a black backdrop I can use! I might have to mask some of the surroundings in editing to keep it black since the backdrop isn’t as large as it could be, but that shouldn’t be a major issue. For the spotlight, I plan to use a cob light with a cone that will direct the light a bit more, but I also plan to ask Jim (the guy from Becon who's letting me borrow the equipment) if he knows of any better options for it.

    For the blood I’ll probably have to make it. I know a recipe that only requires corn syrup and food dye so that the blood is somewhat viscous, especially since I want it to flow slower for more flexibility when filming. 

    I know for the hands I'll need two pairs minimum, more would be great but more difficult to deal with especially since I have to make sure the bodies of the people aren't shown. This whole take needs to be a one shot too so a whole lot of coordination needs to go into it to make sure the hands come it at the right moment as I push in with the camera.

    I'm hoping that nothing goes wrong that cannot be managed at least. I've spent too long preparing for these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Here it is in all it's glory