The Easy Part

     We finally filmed! Wow this weekend was busy. So we knew we wanted to film Tai's parts this weekened since Tai was going away for spring break. So we decided Sunday was the best day possible since Friday we had school and a meeting after school which would cut down daylight time and Saturday we had a 9+ hour practice from 7am-5pm which we both knew we'd be dead tired from. Sunday was the only off-day. So heres how it went!

    I woke up that morning knowing I had other homework on top of having to go film. The plan was to wake up at 9am and finish one of the two assignments before having to leave at 11:30am to meet Tai at 12pm (Tai lives a half and hour away). Scrap that plan because I was exhausted and fatigued from yesterday and just wanted to sit and watch youtube and drink coffee (I didn't get any work done). An old friend came over to pick up a cake from my mom, we struck up a conversation and OH LOOK it's already 12 and I'm not at Tai's house. I say goodbye to the old friend, grab all of the necessary items, throw them in the car and bolt! I got there at 12:30 miraculously and we immediately got to work!

    The paintings didn't have signatures on them so I decided to use some of  Tai's black and white paint to quickly add a signature as well as a symbol saying "REPLICA" Then we hung up all of the paintings on an empty wall in the room as well as printed out some fake news paper clippings of the artist to hang alongside them. The actual filming process went smoothly. A lot of shots needed to be done handheld because of they're movements but I do with I had either the Ronin from school or from Becon which would've garanteed a bit more steadiness. I'm really hoping the handheld doesn't look terribly shaky, checking in camera for that is not always reliable. 

    The finaly shot of Tai looking out the window may need to be refilmed. The camera was battling between the bright sunlight hitting the window screen and the dark interior of the room. My lights weren't powerful enough to keep it bright. I'll have to see when I check the footage how bad it truly is and if refilming ends up having to be the plan. 

    Overall the day went smoothly and quickly. We did everything we needed to do in about 3 and a half hours which was one of the faster filming days I've had. I'm hoping the footage turns out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Here it is in all it's glory