Music Is The Muse

       It's been a while since I had really sat down to listen to music. Life's many responsibilities seem to be getting in the way more often than not, and being a senior with an impending case of seniorities is not helping. But I've been driving on my own a lot more recently, and the car is the perfect place to really listen to music, especially when the drive is simple on a route I've taken millions of times before. People tell me it's a bit odd to think in pictures, but when I listen to music, pictures are all that come to mind (I'm a safe driver I promise). Like I mentioned in a previous post, a specific song I was listening to in math class is was sprung up this idea for an opening. Same thing happened this time. I was listening to the song Baby Hotline by Jack Stauber, and the picture that came into my mind was it's accompanying music video (original I know).



    I was more specifically reminded of the effects used on Stauber himself in the video. For example during the timestamp 0:22 of the video there are some scratched out effects he uses. I want this opening demonstrate the whole films more formalist approach, and if it's going to be about an artist then why not use some form of mixed media? Now, I might be a little over my head with this(not really knowing how to animate and all) but it could work! I see this character of the new artist who idolizes the past artist to already have a lot of their life consumed by the art they create. So I can see this type of effect being used to demonstrate how this artist blocks out what they see as a distraction to their work. I guess it's time to look up tutorials on exactly how to do this. 
I'll get back to you.

       In other news remember when I mentioned Flightless Bird by the band ROAR? Well my partner Tai and I were brainstorming during the school lockdown on Monday and we decided to go on a limb and ask this artist for permission to use the song. 
    This is not what I was expecting on a monday morning. Wow, a band we've been fans of for four years now is letting us use their song. Just wow. So Tai and I were flabberghasted to put it lightly. Anyways fan behavior aside, the entire morning, we had thought up of how exactly we wanted to use the song. The idea is: At the start of the opening, you'd hear the slow eerie tones in the first minute of the song (we'll probably use about half that minute) Then, when the artist is tearing down their artwork in frustration, that's when the swell will start. We also had the idea to include the music as a form of diagetic sound towards the end of the opening with the new artist pausing a record player. We might need to do some mixing of the song to get the right parts at the right moments but I think this could work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Here it is in all it's glory