Home stretch

    In 5 days, I will reach the end of this project. These last 10 weeks have been one silly experience that I honestly really enjoyed. Post production for the opening is in it's final stages and I'm in the process of creating the CCR. I had been waiting for this project since the beginning of the year and now being in the final stages, I'm really proud of what Tai and I made! 
    In retrospect, a lot could've been done differently. If it weren't for the circumstances, we would've loved to film sooner. It would've given us more time to film in general meaning if anything needed work or to be redone, we would've had the time to do so. The window shot at the end looked a bit clunky which is why it didn't make the final cut, so it would've been nice to have had more time to spend on it. I also would've loved to have Tai there during the second filming day. Having someone else there who was knowledgable on the story is nice since you can keep each other in check. Maybe I wouldn't have forgotten to make the awards on the paintings visible. 
    Post production can be both the fastest and slowest part for me. I can become a real perfectionist about the way every detail of the product is and sometimes i'll spend hours on the tiniest details like how saturated the red is while colorgrading or the duration of one individual clip. There were times in which i could say I was pretty much done but then I would go right back to tweak something. I think I had like 12 final products before finally settling. I decided not to include any special effects. After having done the line edit, I felt they didn't need to be done in order to convey the message, and since I'm already no longer glitching the awards on the wall, it may seem a bit out of place to include any at all. Regardless, I'm happy with the final product. 
    I'm thinking for my CCR I'll do a Podcast and a Video of some kind. I've recently been really into watching Hot Ones, a show that involves hot questions and even hotter wings. I think since it does dive deeper with the subjects it tackles and since tthe questions I have to answer ask for a deeper perspective on the opening, this type of video might suit it best.
    Only a few days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Here it is in all it's glory